Have you heard that the Pumpkin crop is low this year?
Truthfully, I hadn’t until I went to 2 different grocery stores and both were sold out of 100% pumpkin puree I had my heart set on. The young store clerk clued me in to this devastating information and so, next time Mom and I ran into inventory of pumpkin puree, we bought it up! Just in case. Tis the season, you know.
So, all that to say, with your limited supply of canned 100% pumpkin puree, you must be selective which dishes you create so as to savor the flavors of the season most completely. And this one is most definitely one of them. Delicious, tender, moist, and incredibly flavorful Pumpkin Muffins. You won’t be able to stop at simply one.
The Best Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- 1 & 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 15 oz can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or coconut oil is great too
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place 12 paper liners into each muffin tin.
2. In a medium bowl, place flour, sugars, baking soda, and spices and whisk until incorporated and lightened. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
I love the color of this batter. So rich and inviting!
4. Add the dry ingredients a little bit at the time until just mixed.
Do not overmix this batter! We want light & fluffy muffins.
5. This recipe will make 12 gorgeous, domed muffins, so fill them almost to the top of rim of the muffin pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Delicious with a smear of butter or cream cheese.
They are absolutely perfect.
Share some with ones you love over a mug of hot coffee. It is sure to warm you both up, from the inside out.
Savoring those moments together is what this season is all about. Pumpkin muffins just sweeten the deal.